Painting Calipers

Hi,
Just bought an 04 plate ex-demo A4 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant and am surprised to see the calipers showing small signs of rust already.
I notice Halfords sell caliper paint, my local car shop also sell some but a
different make.
Halfords you had to paint them, wait 15 mins, paint again... the other brand you just painted on. Both were 2-part paints.
Are there good and bad ones? Which is the best?
Thanks in advance
Daz
Any paint formulated for high heat should be fine. Try to keep the coating thin.... too thick will make it crack after some time. - L