S4 throttle delay

Hi guys, I have a 2004 S4 with the 6 speed, and when I go to power, there's a delay of maybe half a second from the time I ask for the power to the time I get
it. It doesn't sound like much, but it's very annoying. I asked the dealership about it (and had the tech drive it), and the tech told me it was just because I wasn't used to a car with so much hp. That's not it. They also said there were no software updates available for it. Anybody have a clue how to fix it? It's driving me nuts.
--
Pete
'84 CJ-7 with a bunch of engine mods. Looks pretty stock from the outside.
Pete Stolz wrote:

I think that's the plan at this point. And you're right about the tech being good at BSing, and I knew it at the time. I just didn't know what else to say. Thanks for your help. Pete

Pete,
Have you tried resetting the drive-by-wire (DBW) memory? Turn the key on (do not start the car) and hold the gas pedal down for 15 seconds. See if that changes anything for you. Another thing you might want to check is the air filter pre-screen (in the air intake snorkel between the top of the air box and the inlet that's screwed into the grill area). That little bugger gets all clogged with debris and if you don't clean it out, it could easily impede air flow into the air box.
- Charlie 04 S4 6MT 06 A4 2.0T Avant

I tried both of your suggestions to no avail. Thanks for the help though. Pete
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:11:33 +0000, Pete Stolz wrote:

I think it should be the following;
1. Turn key on (don't start) 2. Press pedal to the floor and wait 15 seconds 3. With the pedal to the floor turn key off 4. Release pedal and wait 2 minutes for memory to be reset
--

Regards
Robert

The problen I have with the throttle, on the same car, is that it sustains throttle when I take my foot "off" will the above help me?
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:56:12 +0100, marcus wrote:

Give it a try. Can't hurt none.
--

Regards
Robert