TT 225bhp ecu and all dials failure

Just bought a 2000W 225bhp TT and the ecu and dashboard panel has failed. (great!) None of the gauges work & the immoboliser light stays on. I heard this is a common problem known by Audi. As my car is out of
warranty Audi are denying they know about this ?
Has anyone else had this problem & what did Audi do ?
Advice welcome
Audi customer services may offer to contribute to the cost of repairs on a goodwill basis.
Of course, goodwill works both ways and you will need a full dealer history to apply for this.
As for it being a common problem, please bear in mind your car is over 4 years old!

I would like to think 4 years is not in the region of old for an Audi, especially if you consider that stock exhausts for example are made to last longer. Never heard or read about this particular problem, though.
JP Roberts

Never heard of this problem, even once.
Out of interest (and bearing in mind I drive a chipped 2000 TTR), where did you hear that it was?
--

Hairy One Kenobi

I think the forums on audiworld are full of TT's failing instrument panels. :-(
gbnews
If you bought the car from a dealership and it's "Certified" by Audi, there is a minimal-coverage warranty that should cover a fix of the problem. Wether or not it happens a great deal or if Audi is recognizing what number of failures there have been, they'd have no grounds to deny you a warranty claim here. Once the problem is fixed, if it makes you nervous, you may want to take the oppurtunity to invest in a chip from APR. Paired with an intake and exhuast, it will raise your power ouput to 257 horsepower and 264 Ft. Lbs. of torque, and is designed to run on 91 Octane gas. And APR says the new ECU is invisible to dealer computers. You're talking about 0-60 in 6.0 or less and the ability to shrug off the new VR6 powered model, as well as non "S" Boxsters and Z4s. Steve Grauman

Oh, OK, thanks.
Have to take a look (ex- tt-forum.co.uk, but dropped out a little as the TTOC became so much more "traditional car club"). Didn't take much notice of the other forum, I'm afraid..
H1K