white dials

im looking to fit white dials on my escort it looks to be a bit tricky taking the dash clocks out ?

Reply to
john calvert

Does it? Cool.

Reply to
DanTXD

why dont you alter the mileage whilst your at it?

Reply to
Rob

then it probably is, my old cavalier was the same! right tosser to get to. just buy a car that a) already has white dials or b) has an easier dash to remove or c) don't bother?

Reply to
Vamp

There's always d) just pull like crazzey till it comes off in your hand or e) pay someone who knows what they are doing so you don't make too much of a mess.

Reply to
Depresion

Ukn sav a 4tune by mekking UR one wite dyels. I dd it wiv a LAZR prter an a 'pooter. Make dyel wiv whyt paper! Cost me nuffing xcept 500 for a pooter and 300 for a prnter saved big money!!!!

Reply to
Steve Firth

Heheheh....

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

Angle grinder, big hammer. open bonnet, and grind the nuts of any bolts you see sticking though the fire wall.

Hit the remaining bolt studs with the hammer until the dash pings out. Leave the steering wheel on at this point, it will stop the dash flying over the back seat and through the rear window. This would be expensive. Modern Dash boards are sensitive, and the abrupt slowing as it passes through the glass, followed by the suddent impact of hitting the ground could cause some damage to the instruments.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Here are my responses :

  1. You don't need to remove the clocks - the white dials just slip over the existing ones. You don't even need to remove the needles !

  1. Duh, follow the instructions that come with the dials !

  2. Why ? It's a Ford Escort. If you're bothered about cosmetics, then you've bought the WRONG car !
Reply to
Nom