2002 BMW 325XI brake replacement

I have about 28k on my car and the dealer says I need to replace the front brakes and rotors. He wanted 550 bucks for it. I want to buy the brakes and rotors elsewhere.

I want high quality brakes...either OEM or better.

1) Which brakes should I get? Should I get the OEM ones or are there any better options available to me?

2) Where should I get them?

3) Do I just need to buy the brakes and rotors or are there any other things I need to get if I have a non-dealer shop install them?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
kunal.vakil

I replaced front and rear on my 2002 325ci. It was a pretty straightforward job.But I would recommend a using a good torque wrench. Parts for the front were no more than $150 delivered. I used OEM quality and after about 8000 miles I'm very happy with them. There are a lot of high performance parts out there but I can't help you with that. I used bimmerzone.com and got fast delivery at reasonable prices. My dealer quoted me about $1000 for the job. I've done breaks before, so the difference in price made it an easy decision. Good luck, Joe

Reply to
Joe C

Unless you're having problems with rotor warpage, OEM rotors should be fine. There are a number of aftermarket pads worthy of consideration that will generate less dust.

You'll need the wear sensor as well.

28K is on the low side of normal brake wear. If this is a US car, are you outside the 4 year "free" maintenance window?

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier