325 convertible MPG

Page 2 of 2
Well, just for fun try using any number other than 30 lb; it won't work. Or, put another way, the pig has to weigh 60 lb for the statement to be true.
DAS
"+ Rob +" < snipped-for-privacy@spam.mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:_g2qe.1571$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Let P equal the pig's weight. The statement can be expressed then as:
P = 30 + .5P
subtract .5P from both sides
.5P = 30
multiply both sides by 2
P = 60
Therefore the pig weighs 60 pounds.
-Russ.
I didn't get the first part of this but given the equation " A pig weighs 30lb plus half its weight. How much does the pig weigh?", 60 is the only possible answer as stated below.
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:55:13 -0400, "Somebody"

Mathematically correct.
But how about "he weighs nothing because his little hoofs don't have opposable thumbs and he can't lift anything on to the scales"? ;P
Dan
All right then: GROOOAAAAAAAAANNN.
Happy?
DAS
"Spack" < snipped-for-privacy@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

He would weigh less on the moon too. So?
-Russ.
Somebody wrote on Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:59:41 -0400:

But his mass would be the same.
Dan
What? Less than nothing?
DAS
"Somebody" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message
news:q4tre.10116$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp1.uunet.ca...
My '94 325i gives a combined - long term - mileage of 24.5 mpg. When driving on the freeeway at 80+, I get about 27.7 over my 40 mile commute. If I get stuck in traffic for a very long time on the way to work, then the number drops rapidly.
My car has the OBC (On Board Computer) with lots of buttons. One of the buttons is labeled CONSUM. When I press it, the OBC displays CONSUM1, and when I press it again, it reads CONSUM2. I reset CONSUM1 everytime I fill the tank (everytime I get gas, I fill the tank) and the reading is usually a bit above 24.5. CONSUM2 is never reset, so it gives a reading over a very long time. (CONSUM1 & CONSUM2 can each be reset, but I do not reset CONSUM2 as a matter of practice.)
I assume I could slow down to the maximum legal speed limit in my state, and improve my fuel mileage as a result, but what's the fun in doing that?

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Point of interest is that my lock-stock '94 540iA also has the avg. MPG feature in its OBC and I get almost the same mileage. Actually, I tend to average 23.8-24.2 mpg in mixed driving, but it does not get much better on the highway. Not bad for a 286HP / 295 ft. lbs beast with a slush box... ;-)
-Fred W