325 convertible MPG

does anyone know the average MPG for the 325 convertible 1996 model?

many thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

26ish 70% highway
Reply to
JimV

Cheers Jim - that seems really good - I'm only getting 20 from my MR2 Turbo - and they seem good value for money at around £5k - £7k

Reply to
StaffBull

It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the poster having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial (here in the UK) :)

I'm not sure that my own car is going to be a useful comparison, but my '93

320i saloon is doing around 25 mpg (UK) in city driving (which means 3 miles to work and back on A roads in the outskirts of Birmingham with a bunch of roundabouts and a lot of gear shifting, and max speed of 30 - 35 mph), and around 35-40 mpg on the motorway at 70mph.

Dan

Reply to
Spack

Cheers Dan, its sounding better all the time - could be bye Turbo !!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn *is* the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same. This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is precisely

3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.

Rob

Reply to
+ Rob +

I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than the UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go farther in the UK than in the US.

Reply to
Peter Bozz

I didn't think I'd have to explain that 1 US gallon = 0.833 Imperial gallon. :)

Dan

Reply to
Spack

You're absolutely right. I just had a major brain fart and failed to recognize the obvious. Duh! :)

Reply to
+ Rob +

In that spirit, and just for grins, here's a puzzle.

A pig weighs 30lb plus half its weight. How much does the pig weigh?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Roughly 13.6 kilos.

Reply to
+ Rob +

60lb
Reply to
jerri

The statement does not establish that 30lbs is half of the pig's weight.

Reply to
+ Rob +

Reply to
StaffBull

I think it does.

Given, W = 30 + W/2

So, 2W = 60 + W

Therefore, W = 60

Reply to
Dean Dark

Absolutely fine reasoning. But another way of forming the equation is:

(W=30) + W/2 In this case, the pig weighs 30 pounds.

Unorthodox, of course. But mathematically sound.

Reply to
+ Rob +

Although feeding back into the original question is obviously incorrect, as

30 + (30/2) is not equal to 30. While equations can be manipulated to give a variety of results, there is only one solution to the actual problem posed in the first place :P

This also feeds back into my job - I find IT people with a degree that is engineering based (Mech/Aero eng) tend to be better equipped to handle real life programming situations than Comp Sci/Math degree holders ;)

Dan

Reply to
Spack

No. Your algebra is not only unorthodox, it is wrong. Must try harder.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Really? Well how would you resolve this then?

30 + X = Y and 2X = Y

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Well, just for fun try using any number other than 30 lb; it won't work. Or, put another way, the pig has to weigh 60 lb for the statement to be true.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling