325xi Brakes

Have an '04 325xi, 10K miles, driven daily. Brake friction noise has always been audible since new, just a rubbing sound seemingly from the pads. Dealer checked them and said the were fine, and just changed the
fluid.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Try putting high temperature grease on the backs of the pads.
Sammy wrote:

Dealer changed brake fluid after 10k miles??? I sure hope he didn't charge you for this since it was most likely not necessary.
Is the car parked outside or inside at night and at daily destination? What type of climate do you live in?

If his '04 has been driven for 2 years, it should have had the brake fluid changed. And if he is in the U.S., BMW includes it in the free maintenance.
Tom K.
I do not currently own a BMW, but wonder if the manual really calls for a change of brake fluid that frequently. GM and Dodge cars do NOT specify any routine change of brake fluid - ever!
If you are right, I say "so much for well engineered German cars." Someone please check your manual for brake fluid change interval and advise. Thanks.
Tom K. wrote:

GM cars in the UK - Vauxhall - do.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air. This can cause problems with heavy braking as water boils at a much lower temperature than the brake fluid and at worst you could lose the brakes completely. Then there's the corrosion issue of pipes, etc.
--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

All true, but what does the manual say?
Happy New Year!
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I don't want to drive in Neils' car with old brake fluid..... here is what the BMW 2003 Service maintenance Checklist says...
"Replace brake fluid every 2 years (time interval begins from vehicle's production date)."
I agree that the fluid shoud be replaced, but I have trouble resolving the brake fluid with the OPs complaints.
TO THE OP I have a 94 3 Series that had Raybestos Professional Grade (product name) pads on it. They were noisey too, but I seriously doubt that you have replacement parts on your car yet.
It is hard to tell what you are complaining of, brake pads are stationary and the brake rotors move. It is somewhat normal to hear when these parts comed together.
Obviously, there is noise that is worthy of concern, but there are also noises that are within the realm of "normal:.
Well, I have been driving cars for almost 40 years, many different makes. I have never had one where I heard the rubbing sound I do on the BMW.
So, I guess what I hear I feel is unusual, especially since it is the best car I ever owned.