Another BMW in the wrong hands....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0031504746&ssPageNameME:B:SS:UK:1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0031504746&ssPageName ME:B:SS:UK:1

eeewww! That IS nasty.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0031504746&ssPageName ME:B:SS:UK:1 ----- To quote someone famous: That individual should have his ass removed!
Ohhh dear...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0031504746&ssPageNameME:B:SS:UK:1

Its not as bad as what I read this morning in the local newspaper. I live in Southern California... Orange County to be specific which has ehem... kind of a reputation of having a lot of spoiled rich people.
Anyways, apperently 2 days ago, an 18 yr old with a brand new M3 decided to street race a 20 yr old with a brand new Benz.. The end result was the 18 yr old hit a fire hydrant, took the M3 airborne, flipped it, totalled it and was killed. I think the 20 yr old totalled his Benz too, but hes alive.
First off, what kind of idiot parents give an 18 yr old a $60,000 M3??? Or a 20 yr old a $60,000+ Benz?? What a bunch of idiots. I don't care if you have Paris Hilton type money, thats just plain dumb. I wonder what they are thinking now??
With that being said... WHAT A WASTE OF AN M3! Note I'm saying that about the CAR...

Not restricted to the USA I am afraid. Many years ago I was related the story of a rich kid who passed his motorbike test when he was 17, so his parents bought him a new Kawasaki Z900 (then the fastest bike around and one that will still burn an M3 out of sight on a standing quarter) for his 18th birthday. So he took it for a spin and rode it straight into the back of a petrol tanker, with fatal results. OTOH it only cost a bit over 1k (~$3k).
Nobody wrote:

Exactly. There is an unlimited supply of idiotic 18 year old kids, but there are only so many M3's made each year.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Some kids will crash whatever you give them, whether it's 30hp or 300. In fact, it's maybe more dangerous to drive an old slow car than a newer faster one.

Well, when you give your kid a piece of shit car, or better yet, just help him out with a portion of a piece of shit car... and he has to put in a lot of coin himself, he learns the value of a dollar and responsibility. When you give your kid a $60,000 car and it doesn't cost him a penny, hes like all the stupid spoiled rich kids in the world and will eventually total it.
Not that people who pay for their cars never do stupid things :)
I used to work at a company where one of the co-founders was a 24yr old juvenile delinquent. So obviously he had a lot of money, but he's also the partying, alcoholic type... so he started out with a BMW roadster and things went fine... then I suggested he upgrade to an M3 which he did. About 6 months in, he wrecked it while drunk. Took them about 2 or 3 months to fix it. 2 or 3 years later, he traded that in and got a Land Rover. Again, about 6 months into the Land Rover, he again went drinking and driving and wrecked that land rover. That one took about 4 months to repair.
SIGH... :(...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Not for an 18 y/o male freshly energized w/ testosterone. ;-)
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

They're still going to drive it as fast as they can and get into trouble.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Yes, but then they wouldn't be wasting such a fine car.
--
-Fred W

Hehe... nice one! :)
This happened two days ago in Toronto; two idiots racing rammed into the back of a foreign student in a pickup and killed him.
Nobody wrote:

I read in the paper that he hit over 80 when he lost control!!!
I mean even my 15 year-old 325 can handle that. I wouldn't recommend it on a side-street, but it was more the driver's fault than the car's. That wont stop people from complaining about BMW and other "performance car's" that allows people to go at speeds beyond the speed limit.
Funny thing. My bro' owns a repair shop in O.C. and has an M3 customer about that age. During lunch I read about the race and was planning to tell my brother that he just lost a customer. When I got there, guess who was there helping my brother install new rotors. Apparently kids that are more spoiled than their cars are abundant in Mission Viejo (one of the richer/snottier parts of OC).
Nobody: do you remember the days when it would have been a Ford vs a Chevy on Orangewood?
lost control around 80 ? and here i thought vancouver rich kids can not drives. up here they usually hit a pedestrian or a curb at around 100mph in a 30 city limit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0031504746&ssPageName ME:B:SS:UK:1
live in

kind
18 yr