Bmw 320i Waterpump replacement

I am trying to remove the waterpump, however I am having difficulty removing the four bolts that hold the fan to the pump housing. Any suggestions. Is there a special tool??

in article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, rweil89 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 2/28/06 11:36 PM:

Did you remove the belt? If so put it back on, it might be easier. I just finished replacing my pump, they they came off without problems.
Best of luck!
David
1995 525i 102K miles