Waterpump replacement on 91 suburban

Ok, I've removed the waterpump, drained the coolant, and installed a new thermostat. My only problem is that the gaskets that were on the waterpump are securely glued to the block still. What's the best way to remove these without having to use some sort of scraper and risk gouging the block?

Reply to
big.drizzt

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

sharp, stiff putty knife........gouging wont be a problem.

Reply to
KjunRaven

Reply to
Frank S.