BMW Hesitation

Greetings, I run a BMW 320i e36 1994.My problem is that when it is cold the engine will partially die when changing from 1st to 2nd gear(auto
box) just like pushing in the choke too soon on older type engine and it dies! OBC says nothing wrong. Checked hoses etc - seem to be okay. Replaced plugs, colour indicated that mixture okay. Have to idle engine for at least 2-3 minutes to overcome most of the problem.
Many thanks in advance for your comments!!