Buy Backs and Lemon Laws

Rather than go into all the problems I have had with my E46 M3 cab, let's just say I am fed up. When approaching a dealer with a request for a buy-back or to invoke a lemon
law, who at the dealer do you approach? Or do you have to turn the whole thing over to a lawyer at considerable expense?
Anyone who has been successful, please post!
Thanks, Bob
What state are you in? Also, what kind of issues you having?

I am in Virginia. Issues are a persistent convertible top rattle after the dealer replaced the top. Has been back 7 times for that. Differential clutch moan - 5 times. Looking at a second differential replacement.
I used the Lemon law in Texas on a Honda Del Sol. California has a similar law. Both state...
" If you take the care in for the same problem/repair 3 or more times, you can request the auto manufacturer buy back the car under the lemon law."
It was a bitch doing this even for a Honda. I had to go all the way to the top of Honda America. Process took about 6 weeks. I bought a new civic a factory cost.
A friend of mine had electrical issues with a Mercedes ck320. several months and several tries to fix he ended up throwing his hands up and screaming lemon. When Mercedes Corporate got involved, they sent an engineer from the design center to look at the car. Within an hour, he found a short in the wiring. They fired the mechanic for incompetence. The car never had issues since.
Either you truly have a lemon, or idiots are working on your car.
redline wrote:

OK; that's two states. Neither is Virginia, where the OP is. Each state's law is different. Most, however, require that the defect *substantially impair* the value of the vehicle or relate to the safe operation thereof.

Either you truly are an idiot or you had completely different issues. The OP is writing about a *rattle*, ferchrissakes! Tell me how that *substantially impairs* the value of that car as a transportation vehicle. Better yet, convince me it's a *safety issue*. -- C.R. Krieger (Can't believe how whiny people are these days)
Mine was a Del Sol roof rattle/leak.
redline wrote:

There is no such thing as a "lemon". It is purely a fabrication of those who do not understand the complicated mechanics of automobiles.
Unfortunately, there are many inept mechanics at dealerships that cannot repair issues after multiple tries.
--
-Fred W

Wrong again Buckwheat...
lemon ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lmn) n.
A spiny, Asian evergreen tree (Citrus limon) widely cultivated for its yellow, egg-shaped fruit. The fruit of this tree, having a yellow aromatic rind and juicy, acid pulp. Lemon yellow. Informal. One that is unsatisfactory or defective: Their new car turned out to be a lemon.
redline wrote:

Huh? I've never even taked to you before, Spanky. Also, just as a general rule, it is common courtesy to quote the pertinent post so people know just who the hell you are talking to.

Yes, of course, there are lemons. I squeeze them on my bakes scrod and how would we have lemon meringue pie without them?

Bull. It may be unsatisfactory to the purchaser, but there is most likely nothing inherently wrong with said "lemon". The owner may be a whiner (rattles?, sheesh...) or the dealer may be a putz and can't fix a legit problem, but the car is just a mechanical assembly and is no more of a "lemon" than any other of the same.
--
-Fred W