E30 leaking fuel

Fuel leak from my E30 325 1990 model. It is leaking beneath the rear o/s wheel - Worse when the car has a full tank. Looks like the pipe between the
filler and tank. Is this a known problem? Is the pipe easy to replace?

Time for a new fuel tank, they all do this eventually. Euro Car Parts do a tank for 69 quid if I remember correctly. Not an easy job as you need to drop the exhaust and driveshaft to fit it.

Common problem with elderly BMWs. Means a new tank.
--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

Thanks John & Dave, was hoping it was the filler pipe as the tank is still 3/4 full and it doesn't leak now. Only when brimmed. Further investigation required. First time it has needed anything other than service parts in 15 years of ownership!
David
I had a Fiat once that did the same thing. It leaked when filling it but when the fuel level dropped a little, it didn't leak anymore.
It was the filler tube. Evidently it had a rubber connection to the tank. I had it replaced and the problem went away.

i too have an 88 325is leaking the same as yours, check this link to a toronto bimmer group for further info.....http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?td851