E39 screen washers.

Both the normal and intensive wash pumps have stopped working at the same time on my E39 528. I've not got a wiring diagram for this car. Any likely culprit?

--
*Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Fuse?
London SW

According to what little information I have the ordinary and intensive wash are separately fused - and they're fine.

--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

Well, I'd first check the current at the motor with a test light and just make sure you don't have two unrelated motor failures.
But, if they have seperate fuses, do they share ANYTHING electrical in common? Perhaps a switch assembly or a single multipin connector somewhere? --scott

I'm with Scott on this one. You have one of two possible problems, both motors went at the same time or the switch has gone south.
The common point of power will be the feed into the switch. When the high pressure motor is selected, there is power to that motor via the respective fuse, and the same for the low pressure motor.
You can check for power to the fuse to see if the power is coming out of the switch. If there is no power coming out at the fuse to the respective motor, then the assumption becomes a failed switch or no power goint into it. If there is power at the fuses, then the assumption becomes failed pump motors.
I accept the skepticism that two motors would go together, but you cannot completely ignore the possibility.
Of course, you could haved a pack of rats (vermin) making snacks of your wire harenss ...
If you can't hear the pumps, it'a likely an electtical problem. Otherwise, look for a filter or an anti-return valve common to the two sections.
London SW