e46 Coupe washer bottle

This may seem a very anal question, but I'm quite particular about my cars !
I've just upgraded from a e46 '00 Saloon to an e46 '03 Coupe (facelift). On
the saloon, the washer bottle was clear, and had a filter/strainer in the filler. On the coupe, the washer bottle has a black top and no filter/strainer.
So my question is, should my car have a filter/strainer (was it fitted as standard on 03 Coupe) and if it should, is it a separate part and where can I source it from.
Any help appreciated !
Rob.