Focus washer bottle

Hello All,

can anyone tell me how to get at the screen wash bottle on my Focus 1.8LX?

I'm getting an awful whiff of rotten eggs inside the car when I use the washers and a sniff of the washer bottle reveals this as the culprit (What a stink!!). I'm guessing that it's slimed up inside somewhere and needs a rinse.

Many thanks in advance. Phil

Reply to
Philip Marley

Under bonnet, remove bolt for filler neck and pull filler away. Remove L/H front wheel and wheel arch liner. Remove bolts for screen wash bottle and slide it forwards to remove.

Note that if the bottle has crud in it the filter in the pump will be blocked. Pull the pump out from the seal in the bottle to clean the filter.

The build up of unpleasant matter in the bottle can be avoided by using a decent screenwash additive at a reasonably high dilution.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks Chris,

that's my bank holiday taken care of.

Much appreciated Phil.

Reply to
Philip Marley

I would suggest having removed the whole bottle and washed it out.

later,

tom @

The Real Tom