E46 steering?

My 2000 E46 has started to make "creeking" sounds when turning the steering wheel at very low (parking lot) speeds. Where should I look to find the
source of the noise? What can I do to make it stop?
The suspension bushings.

I've noticed some creaking from the steering column, too. I'm guessing that's it's not going away - you'd probably have to remove the steering wheel and lubricate the bearing on top of the shaft, or something like that.
Turn up the stereo.
FloydR '01 330xi

When my E38 730i did this it was bad front anti-roll bar links, cheap and easy fix.