EDC rattle

Need help....BMW 740i 1997 with EDC. I ahave a strange nocking/rattle when driving caused by small bumps on the road. The strange thing is it only occurs after driving for about half an hour.
had suspension checked..all ok. The EDC seems to work fine. Could it be the oil in the dampers getting warm and causing the nocking /rattle noise. I dont know where to look! Many thanks