Major sound system problem on my 95 740i

The DSP sound system on this car sounds like exact crap... It cuts off when I wants, come back when it feels like it. And there is this annoying clicking sound thru the speakers when the volume is raised.
It play very low as if the speakers are out of phase [with the radio, but sounds better with the cd player]. Here is the kicker: The speakers in the rear deck does not play, or is very very very low. {this I want to address most of all, because I have no real bass; so please give as much feedback on how to attack the rear speakers problem and get them working again}
I know there are lots of people out there with this same problem. Because the first other person I spoke to when I first got my car that also have a 740i told me he had the same problem too. IS THE A SOLUTION TO THIS ANNOYING SOUND SYSTEM PROBLEM. "I guess this is the ultimate problem with the ultimate driving machine?!!"

You got a head unit, you got an amp, you got speakers. The speakers produce no sound. If you put an ohmmeter across the speaker terminals, do they click? If not, they are bad. Now go to the amp. Ohmmeter across the output should make the speakers click. Now go to the head unit.
Put signal in, then use an analogue meter to check both legs of the amp output. You should see AC bouncing around with the music there. Now check the amp inputs. Now check the head unit outputs.
The problems you describe could be anything from a bad ground to a dead amp unit. --scott

I had a '93 740i and the sound was fine. You probably have a wiring fault or have burnt out the speakers.