Radiator fan continues to run hours after engine shut off

I have a 99 328i sedan E46 manual. Just yesterday, I noticed the radiator fan stayed on even after I had turned off the car. I know there is a sensor watching temperatures and it is supposed to continue
to run for a while if needed, so I ignored it.
Came out this morning to a dead battery. Swapped out batteries and the radiator fan starts running even before I can turn the car on. Hmm... faulty sensor, I bet.
Anyone know which sensor I should be looking for? The radiator sensor in the lower hose? Or is the thermostat in the water pump connected to this fan, too?
Thanks!
On 26 May 2007 13:54:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

Sounds like a dead relay.