Tires

I just bought a 2003 BMW 540i sedan. It has snowtires, so I need to get a set of tires this spring.
I generally go with Michelins, but thought I'd throw this one out to the
group to see what you all think. I played with the site, and came up with the MXV4 Plus, 225/55R 16 95H.
I have tried Continentals, but didn't like the ride a great deal with my old 530i.
Any thoughts about better tires/alternatives?
where are you? Michelins are good but $$ what type of driving will you do, I have a 540 and I like sporty rides, so I have Toyo T1R. If you want something all round that is different, location is important, do you encounter snor and a lot of rain?

You might consider Avons. I put a set of 225/45WR-17 Avon Tech M550 A/S XL on my wife's 330i with sport package last year, and they're a huge improvement in both ride and wet weather handling over the stock Michelins.
-- Larry
I have had good experience with BFG Touring T/A's.

I'm about to replace my 530i OEM tires in a month or two. For all-out dry performance: Mich PS2's. If wet performance is key: Goodyear F-1 D3 (not quite as good as the Mich in the dry, but better wet and probably the better all-rounder). If you want an M&S (which merely means it's meant to handle cold temperatures better) the Pirelli P-Zero Nero or Avon M-550. The Avons are getting rave user reviews at Tirerack.com, but the Pirellis post better numbers in the road tests.
Right now I'm leaning toward the Pirellis ... reasonable performance at a reasonable price and apparently quite durable.
R / John

Isn't M&S Matsch und Schnee? If so it means slush and snow.
DAS
"John Carrier" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:GvWdnbLrh905xm_enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:30:47 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"

    I'm upgrading the Z4 to 18" Ellipsoids and I was thinking of the Goodyear F-1 as well. They seem to be the performance tire of the moment.     epbrown -- 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Whatever. The point is that it has little to do with the temperature as such as in "If you want an M&S (which merely means it's meant to handle cold temperatures better)"
DAS
"E Brown" < snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...