W126 560 SEC COUPE 1989

Help! I have recently bought this car, always having loved the looks and luxury of the 'big Benz'. It has problems, therefore, so do I! Any body out there in webland that can help? Thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil Morgan

Sell the dog and buy a Beemer? HTH. JB

Reply to
JB

wanna trade that SEC for a e30 320i? :D

Reply to
filip

He will want to hold out for the diesel see: -

R. Mark Clayton

man, the e30 is a 1988. bmw :)

Reply to
filip

Thought BMW factory numbers started with an 'E'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

they do, Wxxx is for mercedes cars

Reply to
filip

Would a 'whoosh' be in order?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think so, but it would be so high over head that it might not be heard on the ground.

Reply to
Neil

Thanks for all your help guys, I DO own a 1989 M6 in pristine condition, and have owned most variants of Munich's finest, over the years. I just thought that as we are all 'car nuts' there might have been some serious attempt to help a fellow autophile, rather than flaming me with puerile comments, needless to say I expected too much of today's 'crop' of BMW enthusiasts!

Reply to
Phil Morgan

Well to start off this is a BMW group. Couldn't you find a Mercedes forum? And this is usenet, not 'webland'. Oh, and the witicisms were aimed more at the follow-up posters than you; I don't think you were flamed?. Finally, if you're having problems with your car, it might be a good idea to provide a few hints as to what they may be. Kind of hard to offer advice when we don't have any clue what the problem is.

Just two other pieces of advice because I've had a few Heinekens... ;-) Unless you want to get a lot of spam, it's a good idea to modify your e-mail address in your web client as I've done for you above. Finally -- and I may be flogging a dead horse here, but I post on the spamcop forums where the rule is strongly adhered to -- try not to top-post. Ta!

Oh, and good luck with the big ol' benz.

Reply to
Neil

Neil, Thank you for being a more reasonable follow up post, I'm not used to these forums and may be a 'virgin' liable to spam.So thank for yur help!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Morgan

Err, you've hardly been flamed. More had your leg pulled.

If you decide to send an off topic post to a group like this the normal way is to put 'OT-' at the start of the subject so those who dislike such things can killfile it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)