Workshop Manuals

Hey, folks. Here's a novel idea... BTFM! I read on this column every day where someone wants info because they can't find something. I understand this board is for questions and all, but Jeez. And it seems to be the same
things over and over. Google and the internet are really great for finding this out. I have sent several CDs of info I culled from all over the web (for free!) to folks that posted here. Half the time, posters don't even list their year or model or whether it's US or not. Buy a simple manual when you stop to get the oil you'll need to change on your way home with the "new" BMW. That way you can get a clue about your cooling system, how often to change the oil (!), or where the damn fuses are. If you don't want to try looking around the car first, just buy a Jag or take it to the dealer. Believe me when I tell you, the dealer will definitely show you how much a little lazy ignorance costs. (off the soap box)
Bill in Omaha 86 535i
on about something:

I would by a manual, except I have a E36 325 Diesel, and guess which engine isn't covered by the Haynes manual?
I even managed to download a Bentley manual in pdf format, only to find the same problem...
However, questions regarding oil type, volume and interval are all answered by the standard BMW owners manual which can usually be found in the glove box.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES