Sputtering Deville

I've got a 1999 Deville with 135,000 miles. In the last couple of weeks it just started to misfire occasionally. It has new sparkplugs about 20,000 miles ago. Still has original plug wires which I'm suspecting... or maybe a
fuel injector??? Gas mileage doesn't seem to be affected.
Any other ideas that I may be missing?
When it drives, does the engine run mostly normal? It could be the firing meck itself getting a bit worn and maybe showing it's age a bit. Last Caddy I used was a 1984 so I am just guessing, that ones engine blew totaly on me.
Telescope Buyers FAQ
C>I've got a 1999 Deville with 135,000 miles. In the last couple of weeks it C>just started to misfire occasionally. It has new sparkplugs about 20,000 C>miles ago. Still has original plug wires which I'm suspecting... or maybe a C>fuel injector??? Gas mileage doesn't seem to be affected.C> C>Any other ideas that I may be missing? You are on the right track; after 100Kmi the plug wires should be routinely replaced. An easy check would be to have the engine running, and in total darkness, spray a mist of water over the wires. You might see some miniature lightning under the hood.
BTW, misfires generally set a DTC, and I believe you can pull them to view. Try pressing and holding the [Off] and [Passenger Warmer] buttons on the Climate Control panel simultaneously until all tell-tale lights in front of you illuminate; then watch the DIC as the DTCs are displayed, current or history. It will start with PCM. Exit by pushing in the big A/C Temp dial button, or by turning the ignition off.

Thanks for the info... actually the only code I got was PZM Bo533 which I think is referring to a short in the Fuel Sensor... is the sensor easy to get at and easily replaced?

moneys worth out of those originals. I'd start there. FWIW YMMV
Cal wrote:

I've got a 144k mile and at about the 135k mark the same thing happened to me. I bought the expensive platenium plugs and wires an the problem is gone!
Skip