86 Camaro no start

I have a 86 Camaro with a 2.8l engine. This past week I have been haveing error code for O2 sensor come up, It was only once in a while and I was going to look at it on the weekend. Today I was at a stop
light and the engine died and wouldn't start. Could an O2 sensor shut down a car? There is no spark at the coil at all. So is this coil, computer, sensor or something else? Any help would be great
Ken
--
Reply to :Awenns at Sasktel dot net

I should mention that this is an electronic ignition and the car will turn over but no spark. If the ignition switch is bad would all the gauges and fuel pump still come on?
--
Reply to :Awenns at Sasktel dot net

Not sure, but does the car have a crank trigger? Should be a sensor that sits next to the dampener. I find out how to check that. Good luck. lobo

Good luck.