86 camaro digital dash problem

bought one today.. runs great 305 t-top underbody awesome BUT the display and radio don't come on.. I am new to the digital dash but have seen them and like em.. Anyone know what this could be ?.. I have checked the fuses and they are all good.. thanx for any advice

Reply to
Chevrolet

This may sound stupid, but did you check the illumination button? It should be by the headlight switch. It turns the brightness of the dash and radio lights up and down to your liking. If it is all the way down, you won't be able to see anything. Also, does the entire radio not work, or just the display?

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Chevrolet

I would guess that they are separate issues then. Is the radio stock? Does anything on the dash light up at all? The dash itself could be bad. Maybe take the dash apart and check the connections at the back.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Chevrolet

Good luck with the one from the wrecking yard, let us know how it works.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Chevrolet

Couldn't you take the Camaro out to the wrecking yard and test it out before spending the $100? One of my older Bonneville SSE's had a partly digital dash, which didn't work when I bought it. I had to get a wrecking yard to special order it from another Province, but (if memory serves) they let me test it out before buying it. They also offer a 90-Day (usually) warranty. Turned out the dash worked great. Another option (if it doesn't work) is you could have one of the dash's sent into one of the places who re-build them.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Chevrolet

I guess it depends on where you live. I am about 45 minutes away from Toronto, and the wreckers around here are usually pretty good, especially the smaller ones.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Chevrolet

Good luck with the Camaro. They are awesome cars.

Reply to
80 Knight