94 V6 Power Steering Pully?

I need to replace my water pump and am having trouble getting the pully attached to the power steering pump off. Can I do it without an air ratchet?
What is the best way to keep the pully from moving; wedging a wrench?
Also, once I get past the pulley any tips regarding the rest of the job?
Thanks,
CD