fuse blows fo courtesy light

Hi just bought an '84 camaroW/90,000 mi. for 1,500. What a bargain. Anyway I replaced the starter no problem.I actually managed to get the courtesy lights working but when I tried to open the hatch with the key in
accessory position and pushing the middle switch between the power winfow buttons the fuse blew and continues to blow even without the dome light and pushing in on the door light switch. anyway any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The solenoid in the release mechanism is shorted. Grab one from a junkyard. There should be plenty. Also check to see if anyone messed with the wiring behind the back well panel.