84 rabbit GTI - just bought

hi everyone,

i've been looking thru the group for info on my new (old) rabbit gti, which i purchased yesterday. car is in good shape - no rust, new alternator, new waterpump, new o2 sensor, new hoses, clean. the exterior is good, no denting and the paint is good too. it only has

116k miles on it.

i adjusted the idle speed last night as it was way too low, i set it at about 1000 rpm.

it vibrates and i'm assuming this is due to the passenger side motor mount problem, which i plan to address right away.

it even has a decent stereo/cassette, save for some crappy speakers...

all said, $1200. good deal? can anyone let me know what to look for problemwise? the owner said there is a pinhole in the heater core which leaks about a pint of water every several months.

Reply to
Erick Merganser