2001 neon dome light fuse

This should hopefully be a quick question for someone;

What is on the same fuse as the interior dome light?

The interior light on my 2001 neon has been more often then not working. When it is not working my dash flashes "fuse". I checked the light itself, and it is secure (not burned) and I checked the fuse, which is also secure and not burnt. I did notice that the interior light is on a 10 or 15amp fuse (can't remember at this moment). There is something definately messed up, but I can not find anything else failing when the dome light is not working.

Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike

Mike,

I can't answer your questions, but wonder if your problem may be related to the operating voltage or a bad ground...

How old is the battery? Are you getting sufficient voltage there to trust the diagnostic? Are all your grounds to the control computers good, clean and tight?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Your IOD fuse is blowing if you are getting that message on the cluster. IOD is domelite, and memory to radio and controllers. If you have an owners manual it will tell you what that fuse controls. A cigarette lighter adapter such as a cell phone charger plugged in can cause this fuse to blow.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

Glenn; I would have assumed that the fuse was gone, however the light does work on occation (more often not however). When the light first failed to come on, I checked the light itself first, then all other major functions in the car, as I was about an hour drive from home, at night. I did test all the fuses in the pannel just inside the door, as well as those under the hood.

I will begin checking the grounds and opperating voltages this weekend, as it is suppose to warm up enough to work (-34'C this morning). As a side note, I did forget to plug the car in this morning, and she started fairly easily. May or may not imply anything regards to the battery/ground connections.

Mike

Reply to
mike

using

> More information at
A light bulb or a fuse can be intermittent. You say you checked them but did you replace them with another?

Reply to
Hank

Hank:

Although I would think that this would be super rare in a car, It is possible, and something I will look into. I this is the case, my money is on the fuse.

Something else I noticed, don't sure if it is 100% accurate though. I noticed that if the car was still warm (i.e heat gauge showed a hint of heat), the light appeared to work. I will watch for this again today. The reason this maybe the case, and I did not notice, is it is dark when head to/from work, so dome light is quite ovious.

Mike

Reply to
mike

Way back when, the brake lights on my 74 Roadrunner were on the same circuit as the dome light, which I thought was a great idea. No interior lights meant no brake lights. (flashback concludes)

Deke

Reply to
Deke

Believe me it is possible for a fuse to go intermittent as the ignition one on the GC I just bought did and caused the SBEC to randomly reboot which made the engine buck and made the tach and speedo go nuts along with canceling the cruise (speed) control. Swapping the fuse fixed the problem as it hasn't happened again since.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know