How would I work on/replace the neutral safety switch?

I have a 67 camaro and the reverse lights are not operational...I am convinced that it is because of the neutral safety switch but though I believe that this needs to be replaced I can't seem to reach it to
work on it. I've loosened the steering column and taken the dash off but the gauges come with it so I can't get to it because I'm pretty sure it's buried underneath there...what do I do to replace it? Any help or info would be much appreciated...thanks...
- Tony
The neutral saftey switch and the backup light switch are two separate things. The backup light switch should be located on the shifter. You will probably need to remove the console to get to it.
Gary

I'm guessing you have a column shift car? I've never had one, so I'm not sure what's back there. To remove the cluster you have to remove the 4 nuts underneath to drop the steering column. You'll also have to reach around from just right of the emergency brake release and unscrew the speedometer cable.