Limited Slip Differential?

Hi
How can I optically see if an opened Differential is a Limited Slip Differential?
I changed the Oil of my differential. But now, it is squeezing when I'm
for example parking. I will add some additive, but want to know how a limited slip differential looks like. On my differential, nothing looks special...
Regards
Dominik
Add pictures here
✖

The differences are that the open differential will have no clutch discs in the center section where the limited slip unit does. Pages below to look at the differences.
http://www.accuautoparts.com/axledetails.jsp?parts_id êT:19554-010
Figure 4. on the page below has both side by side.
http://www.oldsmobility.com/10boltPont-rebuild.htm
✖
RSCamaro schrieb:

Many thanks! According to these pictures, I haven't a limited slip.
All what I did was changing the oil of the diff. I added new 80W90 oil.
But on this day, the weather began to be very hot. I have the noise only in hot weather. So I think that it is something else...
Regards
Dominik
Add pictures here
✖
Does not sound like something I can attempt right now. How much for a new and/or rebuilt differential.?? I hear signs of wear coming out of it. Also.... On limited slip.... When changing the fluid, the book says to add "limited slip fluid" with the 75w90 lube. Why is this necessary and will it make the differential fail if not added. I think that is what someone did.
Thanks... Camaro Cowboy
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:06:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (CLICK HERE) wrote:

The limited slip fluid is there for the friction plates so they don't wear out like yours probably did. It helps the plates grip each other.
✖
RSCamaro schrieb:

But qould have the friction plates only when I have a limited slip differential, right? So the noise must come from something else than the differential...
My differential looked exactly like the one on the right side of this image:
http://www.oldsmobility.com/images/difpic04.jpg
Regards
Dominik
Add pictures here
✖

The only advice that I can give you is to open the rear end up again and inspect everything for wear. This would include pulling out the C-clips and then pulling the axles and inspecting the bearing surfaces, not a hard job at all. It will take more time to put the brakes back together than to inspect the axle bearings.
✖