Number from an Engine.. is it a 305 or 350?

I bought a Firebird Formula, and was told it was a 350, but according to the VIN it was a 305... I got a number from the engine under the air cleaner by
the distributor.. and it says...
WI (or W1) GM 14102182
Can anyone tell me what that means?
--
Well, catch you later,
-KITT

Kitt, I went to www.mortech.com/castnum.htm and found no matches. Are you 100% sure that's the number?
OTOH, the neighbor and I went to look one up there and it didn't appear there, either. That one turned out to be a 307, which I doubt you have. <G>
NOI
That would be the casting number for the intake The number you want will be on the right rear of the engine by the firewall, its a pain in the a$$ to find but if you do that would help alot.

1991 Z28 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

I guess that's why Mortech.com couldn't find it then? <G>
NOI (There was one that was 2 numbers off....)
So you mean physically between the block and the firewall.. as in it is on the "darkside" of the engine?
--
Well, catch you later,
-KITT

Also, you can use clay. Or if you have a kid, steal some Play Doh... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
That's a really good idea. I'm gonna remember that one. - Gary
if you have a kid, steal some Play Doh...

LOL..... I don't need a kid.. I actually DO have some playdoh... lol. Thanks.
--
Well, catch you later,
-KITT

That should work.
NOI
Well, I took off the alternator to find out that I needed to take off the A/C compressor to see the plate... so I did.. after a LOT of problems.. but anyway, I found my partial VIN on that plate making it the original 305.. Damn. But thanks for the help.
--
Well, catch ya later,
-KITT
1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/ T-tops
KITT Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Like I said in IRC, you enjoy the car, and it is a great to learn on...so enjoy! 305 or 350 is irrelevent in this case. <G>
NOI