cannot find parts for my truck

anyone have any luck finding parts for a 1986 chevy S-10,V-6,2.8L W/AC,elec. windows,2 door,long bed,2wheel drive? every search turns up the 2.5L or the wrong year.

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

napa, carquest, chevy dealer all have parts for this model.

Reply to
Steve Barker

something soon I am going to sell it.

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

what are you looking for , and where you at, state wise.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

need door hinge pins and bushings,elec. window switch,door handle spring,turn signal switch.etc am located in SC

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

Hinge pins and bushings same entire line for body style so thats from about

82 till
  1. Window switches are generic across the entire GM line, I've used them out of cars as well as trucks. The actual look of the "rocker" may be different but the wiring conections are the same and the outer dimeinsions the same. Door handle spring more than likely going to be wrecking yard if dealer cant get. Turn signal switch is generic across the Chevy both car and truck as well as GMC line from 86 to 93, with tilt wheel. Learn to use autozones and NAPA's online catalogs, they make great cross reference guides.

reason I asked what state is I have an 87 S-10 Blazer Tahoe. 2.8 motor runs like a champ, body fair, tranny trashed. daughter wrecked it, no frame damage, replaced all the front sheet metal before realizing I was wrong about the tranny leak. what she hit cleared the bumper and frame, shoved the water pump back through the timing cover, engine still ran. Replaced water pump, fan clutch and fan, timing cover and put new gear and chain set in it as well. I thought when it got hit the rear crossmeber flange the tranny mount bolts two got the pan, there no clearance there. I was partially correct, yet wrong the housing is also cracked Used radiater and ac parts are in back of truck. I am not willing to put a tranny in it, too hard to find a good

700R4 that will bolt to a 2.8 used. and I dont want to spend $1800 to have this one rebuilt with a "new" case. Three generations have driven her, she was a good truck, never left anyone stranded ever.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Hinge pins and bushings - Motor/Help parts on the rack at most parts stores. Window switches at the same place. If you mean the interior handle spring it is not replaceable as a separate part since it is riveted between the handle and the bracket. However the replacement handles are also available on the rack or from NAPA or RockAuto.com If your SURE it is the multifunction switch your actually better off getting a complete steering column from a salvage yard and stripping it for parts. It is cheaper AND when you take the column apart you will learn how to do the repair on your vehicle.

The S Series is easy to get parts for.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to