96 Chrysler T&C Mini Van Air Conditioning

My Mini-Van's AC just quit working the other day... was working fine one day, then the next it wasn't doing anything but pumping out hot air.... Checked all fuzes (both in compartment & under hood) and all were fine.

Question: Seems to be a fuzable link or something on top of the Compressor... could this have blown? Also, were is the low-pressure switch, and how would I (non-mechanic) check/fix all of this?

Thanks for helping a brother out.

Drew

Reply to
clantonab

Most times when the compressor won't run there is a leak or the refrigerant is low. Have you tried bypassing the low refrigerant switch and if so, does the AC compressor run normally? If so, then you have leak. If not, then continue troubleshooting the control circuit.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Have not tried bypassing low refrig switch... how do you do that?

Reply to
clantonab

Find the sensor. It most likely will be on the refrigerant line near the firewall. Remove the connector from the sensor, and short the two contacts together. The compressor clutch should engage at this point, if the refrigerant is low.

This is how I found out that the seals on the connectors where they connect to the compressor had failed on my Voyager.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

A good way to easily short the connector's two leads is to use a paperclip. Good luck! Do report what you find.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman