C3: changing the dipped headlight bulb

Anybody done it and retained hair/sanity?
If I'm to ask a direct question, it would be:
"Please describe the spring which retains the bulb. Is it a metal
device, or sprung plastic, or..what?"
Following the handbook:
I flipped open the cover behind the headlight unit (and indeed removed it; it's the passenger side unit, where space is even more restricted than the other side. Whether I'll be able to get it back on is another thing.)
Pull off the connector: done.
Release the spring which retains the bulb. Err, sorry, no can do.
Hence my question.
Any comments would be appreciated.
--
Citroen C3. It's French! It's fuel-efficient!
What have *you* done to irritate Dubya today?

if it's anything like the C8, it's easy enough to get off but a right pain in the ass to get back on it's supposed to clip off one side and rotate (I think) but it always comes off when I try it
get a torch and mirror ready for when you do manage to get it off
LJ
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:40:49 +0000, tersono
<snip my original question on changing the headlight bulb>
Lacking 30cm multi-jointed fingers with miniature Mole Grips on the end, I gave up and phoned the garage.
"Certainly, sir. We'll have to charge you for 30 mins labour, as we have to drop the bumper off to do the job."
Well that explains a lot. I suspect that they weren't ripping me off, as I can't conceive of how it could be done without some degree of dismantling.
(Thanks for your comments, LJ, though)