Citroen Xantia rear suspension problems

I recently changed all 6 spheres on my Citroen Xantia 2.0HDI, yr 2000, and the rear suspension is really bouncy as it is full of air when in the normal driving position. I have followed the Haynes Manual method
of priming the system. I also followed Slim method, on an old posting, of priming running the engine when the carin its lowest position and opening regulator 12mm bolt an running for appox 2 mins, then close bolt and take car to its max and top up with LHM fluid if necessary. The suspension also raises to it max and lowers to the minimum ok. I have also take the new rear spheres off and refitted them but noticed there was hardly any fluid inside them as opposed to when I took the old ones off I covered the garage in LHM. any ideas?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
You sure you have the right spheres for your model. (normal or hydroactive)?? But I guess the front is ok and you can test it by bouncing each corner at the front.
Neil

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Neil I asume I have the right ones, I got them from the local motor factors and they are the same in appearance to the old ones. - the suspension is normal, the front feels fine.
neil (remove_s) wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
If you have an LX that would be non hydroactive as far as I understand it. Are you sure that's what you got. They should be the same all round so if they are OK at the front then the rear should be ok. If you are not sure go back to the motor factors and check, I did and had to exchange mine. (front only) Not sure if a faulty rear height corrector might give that sort of problem, I know it will make the suspension stay down at the back...... Were the rears solid before you changed them.
Neil jono wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
jono ( snipped-for-privacy@dvla.gsi.gov.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like wrong spheres.
The appearance will tell you nothing - there's umpty-seven different variants of spheres, and only two basic visual differences (400cc and 500cc size).
The important differences are the gas pressure in the sphere and the size of the small calibrated damper hole through which the fluid flows. That's the equivalent of the "shock absorbers" on a normal car, whilst the gas pressure is the equivalent of the rate (or strength) of a normal metal spring.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
jono ( snipped-for-privacy@dvla.gsi.gov.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I presume it's not a VSX or Exclusive?

So there's nothing *hugely* wrong. Is the back at the correct height when the car is in the normal position?

That's correct - the old ones covered the garage in LHM because there was no nitrogen left in 'em, so there was far more fluid in 'em than there should have been. Inflated spheres will expel all the fluid before you remove them.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrain Its an LX
The ride height seems okay but when I brake the backend rasies up and stiffens. The brakes are also jerky when I brake at a slow speed.?
Adrian wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ