Xantia Suspension Problems

Hi
I have a L reg xantia which has run well with very few problems for over 100k miles.
Today the rear suspension refuses to rise when the engine is started.
The front rises as normal, but the back is still on the stops. If I raise the car on the suspension, the front lifts off, then the back to where it should be, the position to change the wheel. Move the suspension lever back to the normal position, and the front drops, but the back remains high. The car looks more like a hot rod!
Anyone got any ideas as to the problem, and ease and cost of a fix?
Many thanks in advance
Ed
--
Please remove nospam from reply address.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
sounds like the spheres need replacing.
cost £20 each at back + fitting, £100 (non franchise)

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Bonathan Wrote:

HI! did this ever get fixed? mine is doing the exact same thing 199 2.0 hdi estate damned perplexing
-- ALAN ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ALAN C's Profile: http://www.usenetcars.com/member.php?userid32 View this thread: http://www.usenetcars.com/showthread.php?t%321
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:27:05 +0100, ALAN C

Check the 1.5" long plastic arm that attaches the rear axle to the height adjuster, sometimes it just pops off (buy new one for £2), sometimes it shears the ball of when the adjuster seizes (buy new one for £80)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

lubing the little bronze bush on the end of the rod should allow it to move more responsively . Sphere should have nothing to do with rise times only "bouncyness" steve the grease
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

move
My Xantia did something similar not so long ago, and it was definitely not a sphere problem.
The little plastic link that runs from the rear anti-roll bar bracket to the height corrector (white plastic thing with an eggcup on either end) dropped off and after I put it back on it dropped off again, and again.
I replaced the plastic, since mine was obviously worn, and it took quite a bit of swearing to get the new link on, a lot more effort than it took to get the old one off...
The linkages down there on the height corrector can get stiff or seize completely which will make the little plastic link drop off, so the height corrector assembly with always benefit from some lubrication. If it has seized up, they can usually be freeed up by washing them with WD40 and playing with the linkages until everything starts moving freely, I had to take mine off and put it through a parts washer to get it all un-seized and free again, but I'm told you don't always have to remove it from the car. -- James
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"James" wrote in message

the
dropped
and
Agreed, clean the linkages and rods up regularly, and spray everything with white grease, if you do this once a year, it will last forever. One thing ..... NEVER work under a Citroen without supporting it, they can drop suddenly and kill!!!

‚úĖ