Not the World's greatest car???

For some strange reason, the voting in the BBC TV programme 'Top Gear' did not place the Citroen DS as the winner. I think it was a fix-up ;))
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/greatest/winner.shtml

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

The DS is not even the runner-up. Whe should have offered money.;-)
--
Johan; bqbq etc
Certifiable me; Deadspam=> Hotm ail to reply

I don't think the BBC accept bribes. I think the Land Rover fraternity must have swamped the phone lines. (I would have thought that if the honours were to go to an off-road utility vehicle at all, the Willis Jeep should be the winner - it was the original which inspired the Land Rover, although the Land Rover is still a genuine utility vehicle - the 'Jeep' name now adorns the sort of car that would faint with shock if confronted with a hay-bail or a pregnant ewe.
The DS did out-perform the Rolls Royce though :))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

Consider it being a suggestion for next time. Perhaps we could invite them to the next International Meeting in Interlaken or Australia. http://www.wirehub.nl/~tqdesign/cw-meetings.htm#2004

It is the original however it is not Brittisch. I think that added some points. If the poll was done in another country I am sure the result would have been different.

I am sorry but I am confused. English is not my native language and I can not make any sense about the above sentence. I think it is funny but it could be serious.

That surprised me a bit but it makes sense.The DS is a more beatifull car compared with a real square car that no-one could afford.
--
Johan; bqbq etc
Certifiable me; Deadspam=> Hotm ail to reply
‚úĖ
In alt.autos.citroen on Saturday 26 Jul 2003 8:44 pm, 2Rowdy

I'm sure Jeremy Clarkson would be 'up for it' (he's the main presenter, and projects a macho go-for-it image).

Could be. Rather sad though.

The "Jeeps" I see around here are all fancy "show-off" cars that are much too delicate-looking for me to imagine one being driven across open hillsides or muddy fields to rescue a sick animal or deliver food to cattle stranded by snow or floods. Like a city-girl in high-heels and a 'designer clothes' trying to do hard dirty physical work.
I think that's a rather sad end for a brand that began as a rugged multi-purpose macho machine.

Citroens also feel more spacious than either of the RRs I've ridden in - they felt quite claustrophobic.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

Site Timeline