Picasso Boot Problem

I have a Xsara Picasso, and the boot intermittantly won't open when the boot switch is pressed. It also sometimes (not often) opens on its own. I have checked the latch and switch thoroughly, yet neither is at fault. It is clearly some kind of logic fault.....the switch reliably operates, and when alkl is well a 12V pulse is sent to the latch (for circa 2 seconds). Sometimes, (when all is not well), no pulse is received at the latch. And I had so hoped this would be an easy fix, but that's as far as I got!! Any advice would be well received!

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Hi Peter,

I=B4ve had problems with the boot but not like this. As I have my dog in there I use it a lot and a few months after I got the car the boot would not open when the swithc was pressed. It only made a clicking noise but it would not open until I pressed the boot down and used the switch at the same time. This problem has been there ever since ( the car is now 3 years old ) but it comes and goes and sometimes it=B4s OK for weeks.

Regards Kron, Iceland

Reply to
kron