picasso fuel consumption

Hi There
I have a 2004 Picasso 1.6hdi and i am getting about 400 miles to the tank. Is this right or should i be getting more. It is a lot of short journies I
am doing and a lot of stop and starting.
Cheers Allan
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
much like they were saying:

How much is "a tank"?

Short journeys always kill fuel economy, as does stop/start.
Additionally, with modern diesels with particulate filters, you MUST MUST MUST take them for a good long hard run periodically in order to get the exhaust system hot enough to start to burn off the particulates which have built up in the filter. If you don't, you WILL get warning lights and additional dealer visits.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily,

Also, how 'heavy' is the OPs right foot, as this will also affect MPG (KmPL).

All engines, especially if used for short / stop-start journeys, benefit from a hard run periodically.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Dunno with the 1.6. I have a 2001 2.0 high mileage model which I do mainly long runs and get 50 mpg, dropping to about 47 for motorway speeds. TonyB
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Allan Collins wrote:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/citroen/citroen-xsara-picasso-1.6-hdi -(92)-desire-fuel-consumption.asp the tank capacity is 13.2 gallons or 60 litres and you should have a theoretical range of some 700 miles or so. However if you're just doing short journeys the you can just about halve that which is what appears to be happening. You'll never achieve what the makers say in my experience anyway.
--
Malc
I said "Oh pretty maid I think you done me wrong"