1975 Stingray Corvette Convertible... want to sell

I have a 1975 Stingray Conv. that I have to sell. I have no idea what she is worth. I bought her a little over ten years ago. The Stingray is solid but needs tender love. Rebuilt with 28k miles, new interior, brakes. Can someone guide me in a direction. I paid $10K. I will be moving to Key Largo and there isn't a garage.... I would love to see her go to a good home.

Reply to
NickelQuality

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:15:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

I'll give ya what ya paid. The `75's held their value the worse.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

you didn't give much info of the cars options, but here is a start from MADA

'Key

guess you WOULD love to triple your investment :-)

Reply to
'Key

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:40:58 -0500, "'Key" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Who invests in Cars?

A `75 that needs "tender love", may or may not be matching numbers (more then likely not with *rebuilt* motor) can be picked up all day long for right about +/- $10k in my area all day long.

Here is an example similar to how he described his car on ebay

with original motor & fresh paint for $7200with no bids and the auction ending in a day. Oh and here is onealmost exactly as he described
for $10k. I doubt that the original poster is even going to revisit this forum to see or contact me on my offer, but I made it in sincerity. First thing tomorrow I'm going to check out this
commuting back to my job in Annapolis. If I can pick-up a `71with a freshly built `69 427 L-88 for around the same price as a `75 Idoubt highly I'm the one off base here. For weekend beaters I couldcare less about NMN if I'm getting the right smiles per miles ratio. If you are investing in Corvettes, perhaps you should know their values a little better. NADA/BB are notoriously off base on their prices.

I'm just looking for a weekend beater/thrill ride until I finish my full resto on a `72 BB ragtop. At the rate I'm going, it will be right about at it's 50th birthday though.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

I like this one it is just hard to buy something without being able to just take a flight out to go check it out...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

the nada link was just a base to start with. sure I know there was not enough info for an accurate estimate.

Reply to
'Key

Values run all over the place.... I suggest you take a trial membership in on the C5 Forum ... (www,C3VR.com) and post a few questions...

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Verts 76 & &9 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:33:58 -0500, ZÿRiX wrote something wonderfully witty:

But at its price point, it just might be worth some Frequent Flyer miles to do so. You could also ask an Iowan to take a gander at it for ya.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:08:38 -0400, Bob G. wrote something wonderfully witty:

While that is an approach, easier to look at ebay & Classic Auto Trader prices for your zip code. Most really aren't worth much more the 10k in about a 250 mile radius from me.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:47:54 -0500, "'Key" wrote something wonderfully witty:

But you also inferred that I was trying to screw the guy over for a 3x times profit. Ain't nobody flipping a 10k `75 for 30k unless they run into a real idiot.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

The vet has auto transmission, air condition, radio, no hardtop, luggage rack on trunk, matched serial numbers. I do not want to triple my profit. I am looking to break even on $10K a little more. This is a diamond in the rough! hahaha

Reply to
NickelQuality

depends, he could have a cherry 427 Convertible and not realize what he has.

'Key

then it looks like you may have no problem getting your money back...

g'luck

Reply to
'Key

Well I just grabbed the August 2006 issue of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine.. which had their annual pricing guide... Just a sampling of what these cars sold for at various sales, auctions etc ...

But a 1975 Corvette Convertible is priced at L48 in fair shape = 10,000 no surprise in good shape = 18,000 in excellent shape = 31,425

L82 11,450 in fair shape 20,125 in good shape 35,875 in excellent shape... (gulp)

Now just how fair, good or excellent is defined is left unanswered...

Every model increased its value during the last year (2005) also

I just do not think the Original poster should have much trouble unloading this car for what he paid for it 10 years ago....

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

I am glad to see "The Wolf With the Red Roses" got the monkey off his back......

±© Flipper

I am glad to see "The Wolf With the Red Roses" got the monkey off his back......

±© Flipper

I see the Wolf said he'd give you 10 large, let us know how the sale goes.

Here's a copy of his offer--------

Reply to
Dad

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:43:55 -0400, "Dad" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Apparently he's not interested. A lot of people who post cars for sale here really aren't interested in selling them. Perhaps just getting pricing information.

Just looked at an all matching numbers `72 here locally that a guy wants $16,000 for. Massive amounts of Silicone around the windshield and an old re-paint have me semi-concered, but it has one of the best unmolested & original interiors I've seen in a long time. Claims the color is War Bonnet Yellow, but looks more like a Gold to me. Car was originally white. Paint isn't all that bad, just a tad off in the coloring (fading?).

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses