c6 carfax

I went to look at a c6 today a 05 with 15k. Price 36,000
Lots of options. 6 spd I noticed a piece of the nose, next to the light was out of line a
little. I looked closer and noticed the clip needs to be replaced, not really a big deal at all.
but, I decided to get a carfax and saw that it was in an accident about a year after it was bought. Also shows title change in November 06 then put up for sale now. they told me the title change was a leasee buying the car from the lease company.
I am nervous about the accident. does it really matter?
It seemed kind of cramped in the car, more then my 96. Maybe I am a little crazy?
Could have been paintwork, or $1 away from a total loss. It's hit or miss on whether the damage was fully repaired. Someday you'll try to sell it and someone else will ask the same question.
As for the Carfax, it's tough to tell. I've lookup up all of my past and present vehicles and seen "Title Issued" entries that did not correspond to a new owner. Change of address, among other things, cause a new entry.
On the other hand, you're relying on the honesty of a used car salesman, and there are lots of Corvettes for sale out there.
-rev

Accidents always matter...have it put up on a lift and have it checked out....remember if it too good to be true ..watch out..!!!! If it made the carfax accident list it was not a minor accident..It was serious enough to be reported....I used to buy accident repairables from insurance companies ,rebuild them and sell them, some had salvage titles...but there is a legal way to get a new clean title.....no one ever questioned any of the rebuilts I sold..I would never have keep any of the accident ones for my use..The stolen ones were OK if repaired with good new/used parts...by the way many used parts are superior to the new cheap imported junk that is currently used by most body shops. ( My opinion from experience).

Can you please translate your native Caveman language for the rest of us humans here?

Did the buyers agree with you, or is that your own, "expert" opinion?
Heard of the Titanic? It's as seaworthy as your credibility here after the above statements.
Guys like you are the reason I'm glad I bought my vette new.
Ugh!
Rick