Clicking Noise on 2004

I recently have a clicking noise that is somewhat random on my '04 Coupe. The noise only appears after about 1/2 hour of driving on the highway at ~70 MPH. The car typically experiences this when I am in
6th gear. It is not really linked to acceleration as the clicking noise is just random. It does happen more frequently when I accelerate though. It almost sounds like spark knock but I use 93 octane always. Chevrolet cannot ever get the problem to occur as they never have the time to drive it. The noise sounds like it is coming from the engine. I have no reduced power. It is just annoying on a $45K car. Any help is appreciated.

Park it in a dark garage with the hood up. Start it and watch the spark plug wires. Your computer can be adjusting for a leaking wire or cracked plug porcelain so it's not noticeable in performance but it can be seen in the dark.
Warning, exhaust fumes can kill you so don't do it very long and/or in an air tight garage.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

ROFL.
Maybe you should just tell him to do it at night with the lights off and the garage door open.
I know, I know. Lawnmowers have warnings on them not to put your hands under the deck when running and hair dryers have warnings not to use them in the shower or bathtub. Duh!

moments. Besides, what's wrong with using a hair drier in the shower, just don't plug it in, most showers don't have plugs anyway. Knot the wash cloth in the cord and it makes a good crevice cleaner. ;-)
Dad Ouch!
hehehehe What??? He must be slipping.. Dad didn't even tell the guy to take a couple big swigs to taste the gas and make sure it was premium he was buying!! ;-)
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

size your gas purchase to premium. I'm slipping and you're driving a flexible flyer, I can handle that. ;-)(-:
--
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Dad wrote:

And it's not a flexible flyer, it's equipped with advanced road and terrain following and compliance technology..... so there!! neener neener

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler