Strange Clicking Noise

When I apply the brakes I get a single clicking noise, if I release and re-apply there is no noise but after travelling a short distance it appears again on the in initial brake. Any answers?

Reply to
StvDp

Hihi,

The caliper is just knocking the back of the brake pad. After a little travel it loosens up and will happen again. You might want to check the pads make sure there is no abnormal/premature wear.

Reply to
LCDMan

prob the bushes in the front panhard rod connection to front axle .

or maybe the bolt is loose in one of the bushing points on the axle .

i had an elongated hole on the nearside bush mounting bracket of axle , the only way to check this is to place a small crow bar in the top or bottom gap between axle tube /bracket and panhard rod, and try to lift move the panhard rod , if it has slack in the bush/mount/bracket or bolt, you will be able to see the bolt or the rod moving up and down as you move the crowbar . hope this is of help .

Reply to
M0bcg

Another possibility is a small amount of play in the mounting of the bush on the front of one rear radius rod, although this should also click when you apply power after braking - but may not if it is hard to move, so that it moves suddenly under braking but slowly under the less extreme torque of acceleration. JD

Reply to
JD