1997 Dodge Caravan panal going blank

I am driving along and the entire electrical panal goes to the left on all dometerors. and the car is still moving aloing like nothing is wrong but it gets a little shakey. I got this code at Autozone but they did not really know what it is. Trobleshooting P1698 Engine Torque control cut signal circuit low input problem Causes: 10 open or short circuit condition 2)Poor electrical connection 3)failed TCM... The check engine light comes on and the ABS light also. What does this mean?

Thanks, JUJUBE43

Reply to
JUJUBE43

you need to have someone look at it that has a proper scan tool and the proper diagnostic manuals.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Does anyone know what the codes mean?> troubleshooting P1698:

No CCD message from TCN Probable Causes

1-open or shut circuit codition 2-failed TCN 3-failed ECM Engine torque control cut signal circuit low input Probable causes same as above

thanks... JUJUBE43

Reply to
JUJUBE43

Its a communication fault code. One of the controllers, ABS/transmission or BCM is not communicating with another controller. Could be a wiring problem or a controller problem. Once again a scan tool will be needed to verify and repair the problem

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks Glenn,