Remote starter for 1997 dodge caravan

Hello,

I'm just wondering if I could install remote starter to 1997 dodge caravan?

If so, where would I find the instructions? I know there are general instructions on the package. But I need specific to the caravan.

Another question, I already have keyless remote. Can I combine both remotes into one?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
john smith

Yep. And then you "could" deal with the endless aggravation of the electrical problems such installations invariably seem to cause, and nobody will want to fix them for you.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The answer to the second part of the questio is "it depends". If the unit you install supports keyless entry it can be connected to control the existing keyless entry with the new remote. Some only support ground active, some only support power active - you can use a relay to transform one into the other. Some support both systems.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Done "correctly" it need not introduce any gremlins to the system - but you need to know exactly what you are doing. Doesn't sound as if you ( the original poster - not Mr Stern) meet that criteria.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I agree - This is probably one of those "if you have to ask us, then maybe not" questions.

Reply to
Joe