2001 Grand Caravan Window problem

My drivers side window recently started failing and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience and any idea of how to fix it. What happened was that the drivers side window (power) would go down fine,
but give problems to go up. It may go up an inch or so then stop. When this problem started, I could just wait, up an inch, wait, up another inch (and pray for dry weather) till it eventually ended up all the way. Now it basically refuses to go up.
The dealer told me that the window regulator needs replacing, and the parts and labour would come to about $300.00. I can actually think of better ways to spend $300.00 and I would actually like the challenge of fixing it.
Anyone ever had to deal with this? If so, what is the solution? They told me that it's a very common problem.

UMM< The dealer answered the problem for you! None of us here have seen your van or problem, So why don't you replace the regulator yourself?

Your dealer is correct, it needs the regulator assembly and the only fix is to replace it, and if you are mechanically inclined you can do it very easily
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Buy a Chilton's or a Hayne's manual and give it a shot!! It shouldn't be that hard.

very easy fix. I just did one on a 97. Buy a rebuilt regulator off ebay. huge price difference from the dealer. the biggest hassle is fighting the new one inside the door.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Sounds easy enough but... I got a manual from the library, and it seems clear, but the headache I have is removing the trim panel. I removed the screws and stuff like they said, but they refer to some clips that I can't find. There are no detailed illustrations for this part. Because this is my first attempt with this vehicle, I am reluctant to exert too much pressure for fear of breaking something... I am thinking I need to wedge a screwdriver or so between the door and the trim and pry it out, but I'm not sure....
what manual is it?? Chilton's?? Haynes???? What trim piece is giving you a hard time??

I'm using (or at least trying to use) the Daimler Chrysler Service Manual. The piece in question is the front door trim panel.
I had a problem with my 97 Gr. Caravan Rear power window switch. In intermittently worked. I took the driver's door window / lock assembly out. I removed the plug for that switch from the back and cleaned it with qtips and used a can of compressed air too. I then reassembled the switch, making sure the plug was completely pressed on. It worked for 6 months, up to when I traded it in. I guess the contacts were dirty.