A Possesed Temperature Gauge. The Story of a Four Cylander '94 Caravan Minivan

I noticed that my temprature gadge moves to cold when moving/accelerating and then whenever the van is motionless, the neelde moves from cold to warm. It never moves to hot and can rapidly moves back and forth from the
halfway mark to cold. I'm thinking a loose wire somewhere under there. But, I'm not sure. Anyone who can shed any light on the matter, I'd be much appreciative.
is there a thermostat in the engine?

my 92 caravan did that...had to replace the thermostat and then it was fine. I would say check that out.

Your temp gauge operation operation is normal.Cooler air is moving across the engine when the car is motion and will cool the engine causing the gauge to drop down.Standing still builds up heat causing the gauge to go up.When it climbs to a preset temperature the engine fan will come on and cool it down.It it norman to see different readings.The time to worry is when it goes full hot and stays there.